Friday 8 May 2009

The bane of my life.

I have made a few decisions in the direction I'm going for this "Blu Tack" issue. There are two solutions which are possibilities at the moment. One is a packaging solution which would make "Blu Tack" more portable, and if successful would make it more likely for people to carry it with them. This idea has had a lot of positive feedback in crits and I think it would work well, if presented as a sort of novelty - with the initial ideas being based around chewing gum packaging. 

The second solution would be to provide a specific area for "Blu Tack" to be returned to, ensuring people would know where the "Blu Tack" is and to deter people from keeping it on the walls. 

Although it was suggested I could look into other methods of sticking up work, it seems to be more product design related and promotion of a method which I'm not interested in doing. 

At the moment I'm favouring the idea of providing an area for "Blu Tack" to be returned to. To encourage Graphic Design students to use it, I need to make it visually appealing. Playing on this idea of interactivity is also essential. 



This is a good example of what I am trying to encourage. This designer put this poster up in an exhibition along with black tabs. The aim was to get audiences to stick the tabs to the poster, in effect altering the design. After the poster was created he then turned it into a book. Other than creating something visual there doesn't actually seem to be much purpose to it, but it does demonstrate well how to involve an audience. 

When it comes to the series of boards that I want to produce, I think it would be suitable to create something that can be visually changed. Ideas at the moment include ways of blanking out sections to create letters/words and forming/editing images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment